Friday 15 April 2011

The Final Module: Human Landscape

I completely misinterpreted this brief at first - I latched onto words like 'abstract' and instructions like 'experiment with different lighting effects, viewpoints and angles' .

I persuaded my friend Tracey to help, and using very soft, diffused lighting and playing with mirrors, I came up with a host of shots that I really liked . . .








 The last one I especially liked, and I was so pleased with these pictures.

However, a chance comment, overheard, prompted me to double check that I had the right idea - and guess what? I didn't :(

The emphasis should have been on actually making portions of the human body look like a physical landscape - although I had seen this in some of Bill Brants work (one of the artists we were advised to look at) it was by no means the case with all of his human landscape work, so I was a bit miffed that the pictures I was so pleased with couldn't be used.

So - back to the drawing board.

A lovely sunny weekend gave me the opportunity to try again - I decided to take the pictures outdoors, and make sure either foliage or background or sky was visible, to give the added feel of an actual landscape.

Here are some of the ones I came up with, over two days of photography, that I liked and that I felt could be viewed as 'landscape like'






















I then turned a several of the images into monochrome, and made my selection for the final four . . .









I enjoyed both my forays into this form of photography - I enjoyed 'playing' with what is there, and making it look completely different, and I was pleased with the finished results from both my attempts.

Next: The Final Module: Music Video

No comments:

Post a Comment