Sunday 8 May 2011

Sacred Space

Over the last 12 months, so much time has been taken up with uni work, that I've had few chances to work on other projects - like competitions, or other work like weddings. However, I have had a 'result' from the one competition that I have entered, so this is just a brief blog about that.

For the last two years I've been involved with a competition run by Sacred Space - here's the link to the webpage http://www.sacred-space.org.uk/ . The competition involves submitting up to 3 photographs, taken in the graveyards of participating churches, that reflect/show the natural/wildlife/historical aspects of the graveyard. The winning entry would be used in a calendar, which would be published and sold to raise funds for the organisation.

In the 'Calendar 2010' competition, I was one of the 10 runners up , and as a result, one of my images was displayed in a 'touring' exhibition.

The photograph exhibited -























Pleased with the outcome, I decided to enter again, for the calendar to be published in November 2010.

And in October I got a phone call from Sacred Space to tell me that though I hadn't 'won', they were 'very impressed' with one of the photographs that I had submitted, and asking permission for it to be used in the 2011 calendar, alongside the winning entry, and another 10 photographs, taken by a 'professional photographer'. Naturally, I agreed, and in November was sent copies of the calendar, with my photograph included !







































































It was a big thrill to actually see one of my photographs in print in a publication  - although I had had several photographs published on websites - for the BBC, and on Theatretrains facebook page - and had had some photographs published in the local press, accompanying press releases for a couple of  local theatre groups, this was the first one that had actually been credited to me in print.

No comments:

Post a Comment